A gel cast provides good hold and defined curls, but you suddenly no longer get a cast? There can be several reasons for this.
1. You applied too much gel product. You may not be able to get a cast if you apply too much leave-in conditioner or other gel products.
2. You are experiencing build-up. If you suffer from build-up, it is best to use a clarifying shampoo.
3. You need to use a little more gel.
4. You move your hair too much while drying. When you let your hair air dry it is important to keep it as still as possible, otherwise the cast will come out on its own.
5. You've popped your hair too long. It's best to pop your hair between 10-20 minutes.